Questions & Answers
What is Microblading?
Microblading, also known by a variety of names such as embroidery, microstroking, feather touch and hair like strokes, is a form of semi-Permanent Makeup that provides a means to partially or fully camouflage missing eyebrow hair with the appearance of simulated hair using fine deposits of cosmetic tattoo pigments. Microblading is becoming an incredibly popular treatment as more and more people like the fine results that it can offer. The pigment is implanted in the basal membrane which divides the epidermis from the Dermis layer of the skin. This technique is therefore more superficial than traditional tattooing methods.
Who can attend our course?
Our courses are designed for beauticians who already hold their NVQ level 3 in beauty Therapy or equivalent. If you’re a qualified beautician and wish to further advance your career by offering specialist services to your clients, then mastering the art of microblading would be an ideal option.
If you wish to attend the 3-day beginners course you must provide proof of your NVQ level 3 in Beauty.
If you wish to attend the 3-day Professionals Machine to Microblading course you must provide proof of your existing permanent makeup qualification.
‘Keep up to date in this ever-changing and exciting industry and stay one step ahead of the game by offering advanced treatments to your clients’.
What to look for in a trainer?
Attending a microblading training course will be one of the most important investments you will make, so prior to committing to a training course I strongly recommend you do your homework upfront to select a good trainer. What to look for?
- Is the course content sufficient?
- Make sure the course covers everything you require. Some of the shorter 2-day courses are sufficient for technicians already in the permanent makeup industry, but may not be sufficient for beginners.
- Ideally you should watch your trainer perform a treatment on a model during training so you are able to ask questions and see the technique first hand.
- How much drawing and design is included in the training programme?
- Eyebrow patterns and design is a large, fundamental part of the microblading treatment process so ensure this is covered in detail during the training.
- Is your training academy accredited?
- The aim of the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) Accreditation scheme is to independently approve qualifications and short courses offered by training schools.
- The FHT accreditation ensures that course providers and prospective students can be sure that qualifications and short courses have been independently and externally assessed, meeting the highest standards.
- Do I gain insurance?
- There’s very little point investing your hard-earned money on attending any training course if your still not able to gain insurance.
- This is where training with an accredited training provided is imperative.
- By attending our training academy, you will gain membership and insurance through the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT).
- Review your trainers work
A good permanent makeup artist will have an extensive gallery showing images of their work. You need to choose a trainer who’s work you respect and admire so you know the training you receive is tailored towards their technique.
Terms and conditions Microblade Training
A non-refundable deposit is payable upon booking a course at Dawn Alderson & Co Training Academy. The deposit will vary depending on the course you have chosen.
If you change your mind or are unable to attend the course your deposit will be forfeited.
If you are unable to attend the course due to unforeseen circumstances or illness you may book onto a later course. This is offered at the discretion of the academy although it may not always be possible. In such circumstance please advise the academy you are unable to attend at least 48 hours prior to course start date.
If you reschedule and do not attend 2 or more sessions, your space on the course will no longer be retained and your deposit will be forfeited.
If you do not pass the course first time you may need to re-do the course or pay extra for additional examinations.
We are delighted to offer fully accredited and insurable training courses which are the first platform to becoming a skilled permanent makeup artist. Our comprehensive training courses ensure you have all the knowledge and information required to perform excellent treatments and give you the confidence and support needed to maintain a successful career in this wonderful industry.
For Booking & Enquiries